Saturday, December 15, 2012

pants

A few months ago I needed new pants.

My co-worker brought up the Complete Looks for Men of the Nordstrom's website (what's a credit card for?) but I knew already that the store wouldn't that puffy vest in anything short of a men's medium and the toe box on those boots was going to be 12 inches wide. For some reason we looked at the women's styles, too. That was awful.

I love the idea of the Complete Looks pages--my style sense is really Hanes tees and jeans. We should get to have something like this, too, right? A place to share general ideas, stories, and local specifics.
  • What brands are good for button-ups that aren't too boxy? Who tends to have their men's shirts in extra small?
  • Is it worth it to keep trying the little boy's section?
  • Where can I find jeans that don't have that long guy's crotch thing going on, but that aren't all in glitter wash?
  • I have no idea how to sew. Where can a kid go in Seattle to get stuff tailored, and can it be affordable?

I ran the anecdote by a few friends, and everyone said that they had experienced it themselves or knew someone that stressed about it.

So I want to hear from my androgynous crew in Seattle. What's a kid to do?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, yes, you should get one of those "Complete Looks" because they are SO TOTALLY your style! I know that's not really what you were asking for here, but I would also like tips on where to shop to get clothes that fit a women's body but are otherwise understated. Looks like maybe Nordstrom's is a good start. What about American Apparel and The Gap? Oh, and how's Eddie Bower's these days? You should look into Pinterest as I've see many people post looks and you're likely to find people with similar taste there :)

    ReplyDelete